Monday, November 16, 2009

SNOWFLAKE

The Winter season is just about to arrive. A season of rest and deep thought. One thing that I have always loved about Winter is the snowfall. It is truly enchanting and full of magic. Have you ever listened to the snow as it falls? There is nothing like it and I dedicate this painting to the wonder of Winter. It is called, "Snowflake". I don't have a story for it just yet, but feel free to share your thoughts if you'd like.

This painting was created using watercolors and gesso on Arches 140lb hot press paper. It measures 8x11 inches.

One other note, I would like to thank the beautiful, Jessica, for modeling as the Snowflake Fairy. You can find her here.

May your day be a blessing and may you be a blessing to your day.

~James

7 comments:

Rose said...

Wow she is wonderful ! One of my favourite paintings :)

Joanne said...

What a huge smile I have on my face! Heavenly! She reminds me of George MacDonald's female character/personifcation of the North Wind. :-) Joanne

Tatiana said...

One of your best ones.. for sure! :-)

Charli Armstrong said...

So beautiful! She fills me with joy and anticipation for the season.

yaamas said...

Rose, thank you so much!

Joanne, you are special. I am so happy that you like it and I must read that George MacDonald story.

Tatiana, Thank you for your sweet words.

Charli, I am so happy that this painting brings you joy.

~James

Anna said...

I love her so much!
I copied her on my blog with a link to your blog of course!
I hope thats oké?
I eagerly await the story!

http://loverforbooks.blogspot.com/

Bearly Sane said...

James I am so pleased with my very own beautiful "Snowflake" and I am happy she arrived in time for me to wrap and put under the tree ... just for me!
I will hang her in my studio so I can look at her every day whilst I am working.
Warmest hugs and Happy Christmas,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane