Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some more Stick Figures...

I've been enjoying a short time off from doing shows for the last couple of weeks and have been spending a lot of my time in the studio. The work list....a lullaby book, two portrait commissions, a tattoo design, a new series of bird / fairy paintings and a very special painting involving our little boy. I've been getting up very early lately and it's been great to start the day drawing. I've recently been using sepia pencil and gesso on sepia mat board and it's been a lot of fun. Below are some more Stick Figures that I did using this technique.
   

3 comments:

Candace X. Moore said...

These are wonderful, James. Interesting technique, too.

Stephanie Pui-Mun Law said...

Ooh! A lullaby book? That sounds like fun!

These days, reading all these kids books to claire has renewed the interest in me to do a children's book...someday if I have time (haha).

brandi said...

~i never knew there was such a thing as sepia pencils...you have me thinking! your drawings bring forth the mere essence and beauty of the woods in such a magical way...simply l♥ve...warm wishes and brightest blessings~