Thursday, June 17, 2010

Noah, the Gnome

I just couldn't wait any longer to create an image depicting our special little lad. Last night, I waited until everyone was in bed and I went out into the studio to do a picture of Noah as the gnome that he is. I created it using sepia colored pencil and gesso on sepia mat board. It measures 8x11 1/2 inches. I do have prints available HERE


 It was truly a joy to do a drawing of our little Noah and I'm sure there will be many more illustrations of him in the future. Today, I had another wonderful day with him. I've been trying to do more painting in the night hours because I seem to keep getting lost in those eyes of his during the day hours.

Be well everyone,

~James

6 comments:

Christel said...

Dear James, Noah Is beautiful! I love the sepia tones, it gives the piece so much light, a special aura. Well done! I'm sure you will be so proud to hang this in your home. xoxo Christel

Jenn said...

Such a beautiful model and love the new sepia work! An awesome way to capture such a sweet time in all your lives :) HUGS!
~Jenn

Charli Armstrong said...

So beautiful. I love the sepia. And this:

"I've been trying to do more painting in the night hours because I seem to keep getting lost in those eyes of his during the day hours."

Just melted my heart. May God continue to bless you, your Queen and your little Prince.

Ruthie Redden said...

What a wonderful way to capture your little guy, he is a sweetie!

Beth Niquette said...

What a wonderful drawing. I am so interested in the tools you used to create this picture. It has a lovely old feel to it--like something by one of the masters of old--say, DaVinci.

Now that my own children are grown and living their own lives--I have this advice to other parents--enjoy every minute you can with them. Soak yourself in their sweet lives--it passes by WAY too quickly!

Just yesterday I held my eldest in my arms. Now she is a grown woman. And lovely at that! I think we did a great job. lol

Take care and keep on drawing these amazing, wonderful pieces.

AniRose said...

Hello dear James,
Beautiful baby!!!
I always take a look in your page and your blog, but today is the first time that I have seen and I have read with the heart. Do You know? I have my own angel in heaven, and I feel his touch when the moon shines on my skin. My little boy Cristian Emanuel is an angel from May18 1999, and every day that I live without him is like an eternity of 24 hours! THANK YOU SO MUCH James, for your inspiring work. (About some mistakes, I tell You, my first language is not English, is Spanish!!!)